Send in your Board nominations, RSVP for Holiday Party Fri Dec 4th, & a great trip to Palisades Park
This post combines 3 messages into a single post, so if you want to be informed, be sure to read all three topics. There are a couple of items to reply to in this post. Don’t be shy. Like with voting; reply early and often.
- Send in your Board nominations: We need nominations for next year’s ACC board. Please send your nominations to: email@example.com, or text/call a board member. If you are nominated, remember we can’t have a club without some folks being willing to run it. None of the roles consume more than a few hours a month, you don’t need to be an experienced climber to serve, and the club benefits from new ideas and perspectives.
- 2020 ACC Holiday Party:
- When: Fri Dec 4th at 7 pm – ? (Remembering the Dec Club Trip to Big Rock SC is Sat Dec 5th). The party replaces the Dec club meeting which would have been Thurs Dec 3rd.
- Where: The City View Vinings apartment complex clubhouse; 3340 Cumberland Boulevard Atlanta, GA 30339. This is same location as the Nov meeting. The clubhouse is on the first floor facing the intersection. The door will be open and the club sign in the window. The easy parking is across the street at the bank.
- Spouses and other partners are welcome and encouraged to come and meet your climbing pals.
- It’s BYOB; however, the club will provide dinner. Sides/snacks are encouraged.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with your head count.
- There will be a gift exchange game. Gifts should be climbing related with a $25 limit.
- Trip Report for Nov 7th trip to Palisades Park:
The trip to Palisades Park went well despite some iffy weather. The day was overcast with occasional light drizzle, not quite the perfect weather that was forecast. This did not limit the 14 members that came out, only 3 of which were “club old timers”. Chuck and Tim were on hand to offer up advice and encouragement to the folks getting used to being on the sharp end of a trad route. Many had not been to this crag before and found it fun and challenging, especially as most routes seemed to have roofs of some size on them. The early sunset caught some of us out, with one party electing to climb out via Bubba rather than do the hike in darkness. Turns out climbing by head lamp entails it’s own challenges.
We revived the tradition of awarding the “Sending Chain” to the climber that most distinguished themselves, good or bad. The chain was bestowed upon Sam for flashing Elephant Crack, Cashmere and 9 to 5. Congrats Sam!
After some social time we split up with half the group headed back to Atl and the others to Sandrock for the self-rescue class the following day. The next trip will be at Big Rock in SC on December 5th; we hope to see you then.
- Mickey’s Mantle 5.9 plus
- Boobs 5.9
- R and D 5.8 plus
- Elephant Crack 5.7 plus
- Buckets 5.5
- Cashmere 5.8
- Trivial Pursuit 5.9
- Bubba 5.5
- 9 to 5 5.8
- Captain Crunch 5.9