Let’s try this again. Due to last weekend’s wacky weather the February trip will be Sunday Feb 16th. Sunday’s weather is partly sunny with a high of 55deg.
Note: meet time is 30 min later in the hope it will be a bit warmer when we get to the crag.
The February club trip will be to Currahee Mtn near Toccoa, GA. The area consists of mostly slabby friction climbs on good granite. Predominately sport routes with a few trad are on offer ranging from 5.6 to 5.13.
We will go in from the top if the road is still in good shape.Otherwise use the climber’s lot. This is a good winter area, especially if the sun is shining.
Note: There are no bathrooms or water on site.
- Date: Sunday Feb 16, 2020
- Meeting time: 7:30am @ carpool, 9:00 @ event
- Carpool Location: Indian Trail park/ride 1560 Indian trail Lilburn Rd NE, Norcross.Exit 101 off I85
- Event location:
- Road to top: https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2%B031’44.1%22N+83%C2%B022’34.0%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-83.3782998,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d34.528922!4d-83.376113
- Climber’s lot –From Atlanta, head north on I-85 to I-985 and take 985 until it ends, continuing on as US 365/441. Bear off at the Toccoa-Lavonia exit and watch for a traffic-light controlled intersection with 123. continue on 365 for approximately 6 miles, and turn right onto 184 at the traffic light, below Currahee. in 1/4 mile, turn left to stay on 184, following the road for almost 1 mile. The climber’s parking lot is a small loop on the right.